Re: [Merge] lp:~jelmer/launchpad/bzr-2.5.1 into lp:launchpad

> This looks alright, but I have a few concerns/questions.
>
> 1) Given you want to land this on db-devel first, you're going to need to
> branch from that and propose against it. I'm not sure landing there is
> necessary though, so you might send an email to the list to let people weigh
> in on if it's a good idea/necessary.
I'll bring it up on the list. I was wrong to actually mention db-devel here; what I actually should have said was that I wanted to cowboy it on staging first so that we can give it a bit more testing than we usually do in QA while not blocking deployment.

We had a problematic update of bzr last year; cowboying on staging was one of the suggestions for making the next landing smoother: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/private/canonical-launchpad/2011-July/067332.html

> 2) I see two new methods defined, but not called anywhere. Are they needed?
> How are they used?

The two methods are on a class that implements a bzr interface (Transport). Newer versions of Bazaar have these two extra methods , and will call them.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jelmer/launchpad/bzr-2.5.1/+merge/112523