Re: [Merge] lp:~jelmer/launchpad/bzr-2.5.1 into lp:launchpad

Review: Approve

> I'll bring it up on the list. I was wrong to actually mention db-devel here;
> what I actually should have said was that I wanted to cowboy it on staging
> first so that we can give it a bit more testing than we usually do in QA while
> not blocking deployment.
>
> We had a problematic update of bzr last year; cowboying on staging was one of
> the suggestions for making the next landing smoother:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/private/canonical-
> launchpad/2011-July/067332.html

Ah, dig. Ok then, I'm not sure further discussion is actually necessary--I was mostly concerned about whether or not we wanted to establish bzr as a db-devel dependent update, since that means a different process than other things. If there's already been discussion about cowboying it, I suppose finish those discussions and go for it--seems like a fine idea to me.

> The two methods are on a class that implements a bzr interface (Transport).
> Newer versions of Bazaar have these two extra methods , and will call them.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jelmer/launchpad/bzr-2.5.1/+merge/112523