Re: [Merge] lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/remove-derived-series-ui-flag into lp:launchpad

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Colin Watson <cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The removal itself was basically repeatedly pruning dead leaf code
> with grep; but I agree that remembering to do this at all seems to
> have fallen by the wayside a bit in places ...

Agreed, help in remembering to remove them is needed.

I am also concerned with the repeated grep-and-delete too.  The last one
of these I had to do was quite tangled.  There were multiple feature
flags interacting with one-another and flagged and non-flagged code
intertwining.  Combined with the fact that so many tests had to change
in parallel meant that I didn't have much of a safety net.

Perhaps that experience was an aberration.
--
Benji York

https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/remove-derived-series-ui-flag/+merge/117249