[Merge] lp:~jtv/maas/basic-kernel-opts into lp:maas

The proposal to merge lp:~jtv/maas/basic-kernel-opts into lp:maas has been updated.

Description changed to:

My apologies for the size of this thing: I'm really trying to do this in small, incremental branches but sometimes you discover too late how widespread the implications of a change are.

This is ongoing work to support Julian's attempts at getting a node up without Cobbler.  The options are not quite complete: commissioning configs get a bunch of additional kernel options, and nodes in other statuses get “netcfg/choose_interface=auto” instead.  But this branch should lay the groundwork for that.  See?  Serious attempt at incremental branches.

Some of the preseed-URL functions that were previously in api.py now have a home of their own.  This shrinks api.py a bit and takes away some of the lower-level distractions.

One really important change is this: in the old code, the TFTP server suggested a basic APPEND line for the PXE config, and passed it to the pxeconfig API call which then appended kernel options of its own.  After sanity-checking with Julian, I simplified this: the APPEND line is now simply generated by pxeconfig, rather than acting as an in/out parameter, and the TFTP server no longer has any knowledge of it.

Jeroen

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~jtv/maas/basic-kernel-opts/+merge/118340
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jtv/maas/basic-kernel-opts/+merge/118340
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jtv/maas/basic-kernel-opts into lp:maas.