Re: [Merge] lp:~wallyworld/launchpad/improve-dupe-bug-ui-227310 into lp:launchpad

> > IE 8 (and 7) does not support :not(). I think you need to write this like
> this:
> >     span.update-in-progress-message {}
> >     button.update-in-progress-message:after {}
> >

> Ok, thanks. I struggled to get this right. I also recently added :not()
> to formoverlay-core.css so will have to revisit that to try and fix it.

The above won't work because it only covers <span> and not <a>
This works:

.update-in-progress-message {
    background: url(/@@/spinner) center left no-repeat;
    padding-left: 18px;
    color: #666;
}

button.update-in-progress-message {
    background: inherit;
    padding-left: inherit;
    color: inherit;
}

button.update-in-progress-message:after {
    background: url("/@@/spinner") center left no-repeat;
    content: "\00A0";
    margin-left: 6px;
    padding-right: 12px;
}

The spinner which replaces the anchor sprite appears a few pixels too low so I also need this:

a.update-in-progress-message {
    margin-top: -4px;
}

If you are ok with this I'll use this approach.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~wallyworld/launchpad/improve-dupe-bug-ui-227310/+merge/118738