Re: [Merge] lp:~jtv/maas/bug-1025582-task into lp:maas

On Thursday 13 September 2012 08:05:30 you wrote:
> > The task scans the TFTP filesystem tree (which is on the same system
> > as the master worker) for boot images, ...
>
> It /may/ be on the same filesystem, but there's no guarantee. The TFTP
> filesystem tree needs to be mirrored to each cluster controller. I
> guess where there's a worker there's a cluster controller, because
> they're bundled as one?

That is our implementation of the cluster controller, yes.  So we can make
this guarantee.

> This doesn't take into account future cluster controllers. The region
> asks the cluster for a machine matching $constraints and then to put
> $release on it; the cluster could decide to use an different,
> hardware-tuned, image, instead of the one from cloud images. Though I
> don't think this is a requirement right now, we need to bear a very
> much more intelligence-at-the-edge approach in mind, imo.

It's the direction in which we're heading, yes.  The only thing that can know
about this is the cluster (pserv) which is why it's reporting it via the API.

Everything else is an implementation detail.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jtv/maas/bug-1025582-task/+merge/123900
Your team MAAS Maintainers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jtv/maas/bug-1025582-task into lp:maas.