Re: [Merge] lp:~allenap/maas/remove-squashfs into lp:maas

> This doesn't comment a bug, or rational for removing this support.

Good point. I've linked to 3 related bugs.

Rationale: this feature is not ready.

It has no automated tests, is attracting a disproportionate number of bugs, and doesn't work by most/all accounts. It should not have been landed in the first place. For an optimisation it's causing too many issues, so we (Julian, Raphael, Martin, myself) agreed this morning to remove it. We can reintroduce it, or its successor, once it's rock-solid outside of MAAS.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~allenap/maas/remove-squashfs/+merge/133954
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~allenap/maas/remove-squashfs into lp:maas.