Re: [Merge] lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/db-bpph-phase into lp:launchpad/db-devel

The hugeness of the diff isn't due to the PostgreSQL version; it's because db-devel r12272 added columns without updating the sampledata, so my branch is effectively just catching up on that.  I did look at upgrading PostgreSQL but there didn't seem to be an appropriate newer version available in the apt sources in my lucid-lp chroot.

I asked Evan yesterday about whether I should use integer or floating-point; he thought an integer would be fine.  I expect that the usual case will be that we go from 0% to 100% in maybe on the order of a dozen steps, and certainly at the moment I don't think very small rollouts would give us much confidence that enough people had installed it for our errors.u.c data to be significant.  A minimum 1% granularity should be fine.

You're right about smallint.  I'll make that change.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/db-bpph-phase/+merge/143673
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/db-bpph-phase into lp:launchpad/db-devel.