Re: [Merge] lp:~rvb/juju-core/mpv-start-stop into lp:~maas-maintainers/juju-core/maas-provider-skeleton

> I wouldn't worry too much about figuring out all the parameters to
> StartInstance *in this branch*.  Better to get something landed that covers
> the very basic point (find a node and start it) and then look at ticking all
> the other boxes.  It will make review easier and it'll produce more focused
> testing, too.
>
> On another note, I wouldn't just abort StopInstances() on failure.  I think
> the equivalent of what the ec2 provider does is: stop each of the nodes,
> ignoring errors.  Then loop over them again to stop them once more, but this
> time check for errors.  That ensures that even if something fails halfway
> through, you will make an attempt to tell each of the nodes that it should
> shut down.
>
> That last iteration can ignore "node not found" errors.  Not as important as
> with ec2 though, because MAAS nodes don't just disappear entirely merely
> because you shut them down.

Good point, I've used a different strategy: iterate over all the instances and issue the stop signal, collecting all the error, then return the first non-nil error (same as what the ec2 provider does).
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~rvb/juju-core/mpv-start-stop/+merge/147167
Your team MAAS Maintainers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~rvb/juju-core/mpv-start-stop into lp:~maas-maintainers/juju-core/maas-provider-skeleton.