Re: [Merge] lp:~andreserl/maas/ipmi_usercreation_ilo_versions into lp:maas/1.2

Sorry for the IRC paste:

<roaksoax> bigjools: how are you guys testing preseeds? I need to get this asap:
<roaksoax> https://code.launchpad.net/~andreserl/maas/ipmi_usercreation_ilo_versions/+merge/147460
<bigjools> roaksoax: there is no preseed testing at all
<roaksoax> bigjools: howdy btw :)
<bigjools> yo :)
<roaksoax> bigjools: so what can be done with that? I'm just really worried about that to hit maas/1.2 since FF is next week :)
<roaksoax> and I wanted to upload maas this week
<bigjools> roaksoax: you could do what jtv did with the user data. He split out the python bits to separate files that are included in the main template
<bigjools> then make sure the python bits are unit-testable
<roaksoax> bigjools: right, that;'s for trunk though
<roaksoax> bigjools: i don't want to introduce that big of a change for maas/1.2
<bigjools> just splitting them out is good enough for me, we can add tests later
<bigjools> it's a tiny change
<roaksoax> bigjools: right, though the split you mention is not backported to maas/1.2
<roaksoax> bigjools: and jtv did that with commissioning only, not enlistment :)
<bigjools> I know
<roaksoax> since enlistment is not controlled by a metadataserver
<bigjools> oh wait, are our preseeds not templated?
<bigjools> crapola
<bigjools> ok yes it's not a small change then :)
<roaksoax> yeah the commissioning stuff is not templated in lp:maas/1.2
<roaksoax> bigjools: that's why I was suggesting to get that in as it is only for lp:maas/1.2 since it is really a bugfix
<bigjools> roaksoax: +1, although I hate it :(
<bigjools> roaksoax: I think you need someone like smoser to sanity check that, I don't really know enough about iLO
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~andreserl/maas/ipmi_usercreation_ilo_versions/+merge/147460
Your team MAAS Maintainers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~andreserl/maas/ipmi_usercreation_ilo_versions into lp:maas/1.2.