[Merge] lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/remove-ppa-builder-limits into lp:launchpad

The proposal to merge lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/remove-ppa-builder-limits into lp:launchpad has been updated.

Description changed to:

== Summary ==

Bug 666308 reports unnecessary limitations on certain types of PPAs, as well as a request for more flexibility.

== Proposed fix ==

This is an RFC, but my position is that the limitation on how many builders a given PPA may use at any one time does more harm than good at this point.  Now that we have reasonably reliable build cancellation, in the rare cases of abuse or needing something to jump the queue we can always cancel something and retry it later.  Other than that, all that this limitation really achieves at this point is to require us to occasionally play silly games with builders' architectures to circumvent it.

We could add more complexity to make this controllable per-PPA or per-owner, as the bug suggests, but I don't think it's worth it.

== Tests ==

bin/test -vvct buildmaster -t soyuz

== Demo and Q/A ==

I don't think we can currently QA this on dogfood since it only has a single working PPA builder at the moment; but since this is pretty much just deleting code I'm not too worried.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/remove-ppa-builder-limits/+merge/183834
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/remove-ppa-builder-limits/+merge/183834
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/remove-ppa-builder-limits into lp:launchpad.

Follow ups