[Merge] lp:~cjwatson/charms/trusty/turnip/api-server into lp:~canonical-launchpad-branches/charms/trusty/turnip/devel

The proposal to merge lp:~cjwatson/charms/trusty/turnip/api-server into lp:~canonical-launchpad-branches/charms/trusty/turnip/devel has been updated.

Description changed to:

Start the turnip API server, now that it's been split out from turnipserver.

This requires installing python-pygit2 from the Launchpad PPA, and will also only work once https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/turnip/pastescript/+merge/251303 has been merged.  We need to install turnip itself as an egg (develop mode will do) so that pyramid can find it.  Furthermore, I could only make this work by switching to "virtualenv --system-site-packages", along with disabling wheel support when building the pip cache because pkg_resources called from within pyramid is apparently unable to understand wheels and requires eggs.  I don't think that the loss of isolation is important within a charm, since we're running within a contained environment anyway.

Once we go to production, I expect we'll want to use an IS-managed PPA rather than the Launchpad PPA, but this works for now.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/charms/trusty/turnip/api-server/+merge/251305
--
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~cjwatson/charms/trusty/turnip/api-server into lp:~canonical-launchpad-branches/charms/trusty/turnip/devel.