[Merge] lp:~cjwatson/turnip/fix-json-coding into lp:turnip

The proposal to merge lp:~cjwatson/turnip/fix-json-coding into lp:turnip has been updated.

Description changed to:

$ env -u http_proxy curl http://git.launchpad.dev:19417/repo/1/refs/heads/master; echo
"{\"refs/heads/master\": {\"object\": {\"sha1\": \"8cf3a27f3c4369afafe4eba427c7e19c39f4026b\", \"type\": \"commit\"}}}"

This is one level of coding too many; I should be getting the JSON back directly here, rather than a JSON-encoded string containing a JSON-encoded dict.

This branch makes things simultaneously simpler and more correct by using cornice/pyramid/webtest's built-in JSON encoding/decoding support instead.  It does mean that we end up going back to effectively json.dumps(use_ascii=True) because that's how pyramid's renderer works, but it doesn't seem worth the effort of working around the built-in renderer just to avoid the \uXXXX escaping.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/turnip/fix-json-coding/+merge/252588
--
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is subscribed to branch lp:turnip.