[Merge] lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/wsgi-ppa-auth into lp:launchpad

The proposal to merge lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/wsgi-ppa-auth into lp:launchpad has been updated.

Description changed to:

I got sufficiently annoyed in the process of fixing bug 1722209 to see how hard it would be to fix it properly, since the existing htpasswd scheme has been a thorn in our side for a while now.  The answer appears to be "a bit, but not very".

This will let us remove our reliance on htpasswd files, and probably eventually make it easier to do things like issue time-limited tokens (or even macaroons?) to builders.

There are obviously various deployment issues to sort out, and generate-ppa-htaccess still deals with things like deactivation and cancellation emails which we'll need to move elsewhere; it may be possible to just inline the relevant checks into the DB queries in ArchiveAuthTokenSet, since we're always looking at a single subscriber or named token name and so the result set sizes are very small.

The way that mod_wsgi loads the entry point is peculiar.  I tried to handle it with the existing buildout-based build system, but that ended up being too fiddly, so I decided to just depend on my virtualenv/pip conversion branch.  I considered separating the client code off entirely from Launchpad, but this turns out to be light enough in terms of memory use and startup time that I don't think it's worth the effort at the moment.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/wsgi-ppa-auth/+merge/332125
--
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/wsgi-ppa-auth into lp:launchpad.