launchpad-translations-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Teams inside Launchpad Translators

Il giorno dom, 25/01/2009 alle 00.53 +0200, Adi Roiban ha scritto:
> I think we should accept teams.
>
> I hope in the not so far future we could  all those per project
> translations teams under the Launchpad Translators group.
>
> We can add a requirement such as the included team coordinator(s) is/are
> subscribed to the Launchpad Translators mailing list.
> The main idea is to try to keep in touch with this team.

Yes, indeed, it wasn't a problem for me too, just wanted to hear your
opinion. :)

> From what I see around me, translators working on free software are not
> so technical people and they are not so well familiar with team
> collaboration, communication, they don't know so well how a free
> software project is organizez, what is "upstream" what is a
> maintainer... etc

Absolutely true. Usually new translators approaching a team are not very
familiar with the social things involved. I've also witnessed people
starting their own team for translating, because they didn't know about
the others team...

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@xxxxxxxxxx>