launchpad-translations-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Teams inside Launchpad Translators

Hi guys,

У пон, 26. 01 2009. у 18:55 +0200, Adi Roiban пише:
> În data de Lu, 26-01-2009 la 12:32 +0100, Danilo Šegan a scris:
> > У суб, 24. 01 2009. у 17:42 +0100, Milo Casagrande пише:
> >
> > > I think you all received the email.
> > >
> > > Do we also accept teams inside the Launchpad Translator team or only
> > > people?
> >
> > I don't think we should. That will usually happen without all team
> > members being aware of that, and I am not sure what the defaults for
> > attached mailing list subscriptions (if they are not automatically
> > subscribed, it's fine).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Danilo
> I think I have missed the point.
> Are we talking about Launchpad Translators teams per language appointed
> in Rosetta or about THE Launchpad Translators team?

Launchpad translators *team* (not "group", which sets per-language
teams).

> I did not quite understand your reason for not accepting teams :D

I am not sure that what I am talking about is true.  The thing is, that
we should not have somebody adding a team to launchpad-translators where
each member of that team is suddenly subscribed to a new mailing list.
I'll need to check what the defaults are there, but hopefully they are
not what would scare me :)

> Is the mailing list subscription the only problem?  If if so, why?

Because if people are subscribed to a mailing list without agreeing to
be subscribed (i.e. what if somebody adds ubuntu-l10n-ro team to the
list: not everybody there will want to be on launchpad-translators
list), we have a big problem.  I just want us to make sure that we don't
let that happen.

I'll check this with relevant Launchpad people and confirm what's the
default behaviour.  If that is ok, we'll simply allow teams. :)

Cheers,
Danilo