launchpad-translations-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Request to join ubuntu-l10n-pl with Launchpad Translators as official Polish team

El dl 31 de 05 de 2010 a les 16:15 +0000, en/na Tomasz Dominikowski va
escriure:
> Hi. I'm the admin of the Polish Ubuntu Translators team and would like
> to join our team with the Launchpad Translators team as the official
> Polish language team. We need this in order to e.g. translate gnome-
> activity-journal. Thanks in advance.

Hi Tomasz,

Sorry for the delay in responding, everyone in the Launchpad
Translations Coordinators team has been busy. In the future, if we are
unresponsive, don't hesitate to send a reminder or ask either at the
#launchpad or #ubuntu-translators IRC channels on Freenode.

Back to your question:

1) In order to achieve that, you can simply add the Ubuntu Polish
translators team (ubuntu-l10n-pl) as a member of the Launchpad
Translations team (lp-l10n-pl). This will effectively mean that the
Ubuntu translation team will be a subteam of the Launchpad translation
team, and all Ubuntu translators will be able to translate other hosted
projects in Launchpad as well.

2) However, there is a prerequisite for this to work: right now there is
no team appointed for Polish in the Launchpad Translators group [1]. So
we need to appoint lp-l10n-pl for Polish. Do you think you could file a
request for that at:

  https://answers.launchpad.net/rosetta/+addquestion

Looking at the team, it looks fine. The only thing I'd like to ask you
is to improve the team description to explain what the purpose of the
team is and how to join it (I'd also recommend you to write it in Polish
for the benefit of people wanting to join in), use some communication
method (you can request the creation of a Launchpad mailing list) and
link the translation guidelines to the team's page.

If you could do that, I'd be happy to appoint the team as responsible
for Polish translations in Launchpad.

Thanks!

Regards,
David.