launchpad-translations-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Arabic translation team

El dv 10 de 12 de 2010 a les 22:57 +0000, en/na eng.islam va escriure:
> Dear sir/Madam
>
> I I found that there's no team for managing the chromium translations to
> Arabic and I want to start one. I'm an Egyptian, Arabic is my mother
> tongue, and I have good knowledge of English. I'd like to know what's
> required from me to start such team and what will be my duties and
> responsibilities.
>
> Sincerely
> Islam Hassan

Hi Islam,

In order to be able to translate Chromium and any other application
assigned to the Launchpad Translators group, you'll need to start a
"Launchpad Arabic Translators" team (lp-l10n-ar), as described here:

https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/LaunchpadTranslators#StartingTeam

The situation with the Arabic team though, is a bit complex. Several
people have created several teams but never agreed on which one to use,
and no team ever applied to be added to the Launchpad Translators group.

If you'd want to lead the effort of unifying all the people and teams
wanting to translate applications in Launchpad in Arabic, that'd be
great.

Here is the whole discussion so that you have some background:

https://answers.launchpad.net/rosetta/+question/108979

If you need any help, please let us know.

Regards,
David.

--
David Planella