launchpad-translations-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #220522]: problem inserting translation text

Question #220522 on Launchpad itself changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/220522

Jeroen T. Vermeulen proposed the following answer:
AIUI the minority languages of Myanmar are problematic in that the
Unicode standardization effort got bogged down in trying to support all
of them.  In the meantime, Unicode support for the languages is highly
incomplete and there are various nonstandard extensions which may not be
fully supported everywhere.  I can only guess that perhaps something
along the long road from your keyboard/screen, across the internet and
into our database converts the characters to a more fully standardized
format.

This is highly specific to Myanmar, so I would guess it's most likely to
be happening on your system.  It doesn't happen for other languages in
the region.  Your best choice is probably to ask knowledgeable people
locally.

--
You received this question notification because you are the assignee for
this question.