Re: Launchpad Translation

У сре, 12. 08 2009. у 14:44 +0200, Milo Casagrande пише:
> 2009/8/12 SkyMan <skymanphp@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Good day, colleagues!
> > What do you think about translation of the Launchpad project (web
> > interface)?
>
> I think that was a rather old (in Launchpad terms) bug reported, but I
> can't find it anymore... can't remember if it has been filed against
> rosetta or launchpad itself...

It was marked 'Invalid' quite some time ago (so it doesn't even appear
in searches, I think).  The reasoning is: translated interface would
encourage bugs and communication in one's native language, thus leading
to a lot of confusion.

I still feel it'd be right to localise at least some bits of Launchpad
which are multi-language aware (like Translations and Answers).
However, that's a big job in itself, and our current infrastructure
would have to be heavily modified.  Ideally, if there were enough
developers interested to spend a lot of hours on this, it'd be possible
to localise everything else as well, but it's a lot of work.

Cheers,
Danilo