Re: credits missing in GTK+ about dialog (was:translator-credits item)

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM, SkyMan<skymanphp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2009/8/12 Andrew Ziem <ahz001@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Try
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get install language-pack-gnome-uk
>
> I already have this packet installed. Any another ideas? Hm, it's so
> interesting for me now...

Hmm.  I tried the same system as you (Ubuntu 9.04) and the same
LANG=uk_UA.UTF-8, and installing language-pack-gnome-uk was all I
needed.  Once I installed it, gedit and 100% of BleachBit was in
Ukrainian.

Double check your local .po file contains the item
'translator-credits' with a translation.  If you export it from
Launchpad, it will have this item.

If you use localepurge or BleachBit's localization eraser, you may try
something like
$ sudo apt-get --reinstall locales language-pack-gnome-uk

By the way, the reason words such as Credits and License may be in
English is because BleachBit doesn't use those words: they come from
GTK+.  Another place to see GTK+ words is to click File - Shred Files.

I'm curious what would happen if you tried another language such as
Spanish or Russian?
$ LANG=RU_ru.UTF-8 python bleachbit.py
$ sudo apt-get install language-pack-gnome-es
$ LANG=ES_es.UTF-8 python bleachbit.py

Andrew