Re: launchpadlib anonymous access?

2009/1/13 Leonard Richardson <leonard.richardson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> So, is this possibly but just not obvious, or is it intended that
>> there be no anonymous access?
>
> It's intended that there be no anonymous access. The web service doesn't
> have some common use cases of the website (eg. search engine crawlers
> or people coming in from lists of search results) and we want to be able
> to throttle usage for people who are doing too much expensive stuff
> through the web service.

Of course there is <http://www.bugmenot.com/view/launchpad.net> -- and
squashing those particular accounts is _not_ the right way to handle
it.

The web service api has space for an application key - surely that, or
source ip block, is the right way to throttle it, if we're getting hit
too much?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>