Re: Launchpad Services

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Tim Cook <timothywayne.cook@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a project mirroed on Launchpad but all we have really used is
> ranslations so far.
>
> I am thinking about moving it entirely to Launchpad but I do not see
> that mailing lists are available.  How do project leaders feel about not
> having a primary mailing list?  Do the notifications from Blueprints,
> bug reports etc. facilitate communications welll enough for your teams?

Mailing lists are available. What you do is create a team for each list,
like ~projectname-users, ~projectname-devs, et cetera, then set up a mailing
list for each team, and have the appropriate people join them, such as by
linking to them from your main project page.

However one thing that HAS been problematic for my small project is the
inability to be notified of new blueprints filed by other people. As far as
I know that isn't possible and means lots of checking for new ones if you
want to appear responsive to users creating them.

Other than that Launchpad is an awesome resource for complete project
hosting. The only thing I find immediately important outside of it is
screenshot hosting.

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney@xxxxxxxxx