Getting the most recent bugs in a project/team

Hello!

I am the author of the bug announcing bot EeeBotu which announces bugs
in #ubuntu-bugs-announce. I was hoping to figure out if it was
possible to use the API to get say the 5 most recently filed bugs for
a project/team, and then obtain all the relevant information about
them.

Currently I am using http://feeds.launchpad.net/$NAME/latest-bugs.atom
to get the most recent reports, from which I can get most of the
relevant information. However I am still using screen scraping to get
the Component such as universe or main.

Now with the API I'd like to take a fresh look at this problem, and
see if there is a more robust and less "parsy" way to accomplish such
a goal.

Thanks for any help!

--
Michael Rooney