Anonymous users changing other user profiles

Today I received a notification that some user unknown to me (scunner3)
had changed the location details on my profile.

The email says:

"Your information can be updated by any other user until you provide
definitive data yourself, at which point the information is locked
so that only you can edit it."

Now that might be okay if the user has signed the Ubuntu code of conduct
and so forth, but the user that altered my profile is anonymous - the
account details show the account was created today, has no relationship
with any Ubuntu or Launchpad projects or teams, and no contact details.

I would suggest that if this facility is to continue that changes can
only be made by established Launchpad users and that the changes made
shouldn't be shown to the public unless the profile owner approves them.

Follow ups