Re: bzr checkout lp?

Mike Rooney wrote:
>    On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Monty Taylor <[1]monty@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    wrote:
>
>      I don't have a great solution here - but I'd like to echo some
>      frustration with this. Launchpad supports HTTP as well... if this fails,
>      and it's a command that doesn't require write access, why not try HTTP?
>
>    I agree, I've gotten stuck/frustrated here as well. It should either fall
>    back to http in this case or at least offer the suggestion with the http
>    url if a user isn't able to authenticate.

This is true.  I think there may already be a bug report for this.  It's a
little bit difficult to do because of the layering inside bzrlib, but it's a
reasonable request.

On the other hand, it's not hard to generate a second SSH keypair and register
it with your Launchpad account.  That's what I'd do in this situation.

You can also delete the launchpad_username line from your bazaar.conf, which
should make lp: URLs resolve to HTTP rather than bzr+ssh automatically; i.e. if
you don't have an SSH key on a machine, don't use "bzr launchpad-login".

-Andrew.