Re: problems uploading packages to a ppa using dput

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Donald Raikes <raptor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to launchpad, and have been experimenting with creating some
> new packages for ubuntu.  I created a couple of ppa's in my launchpad
> account, and have tried  to upload my newly created packages to one of
> the PPA's.
>
> I ran dbuild -S on the package's directory, and it completed without any
> errors.
> I then moved up to the parent and entered:
>
> dput personal package-version_source.changes
>
> dput said it completed successfully, but now 24-hours later, I have
> gotten no acknowledgement that the package has been uploaded, nor do I
> see it in my PPA when I view it online.
>
> ppa:
> https://ppa.launchpad.net/~draikes/personal
>
> Is there a way to check the status of the dput queue to see what is
> happening and/or clean it out and start over?

You are using a broken dput config:

{{{
incoming = ~draikes/testing
}}}

when it should be:

{{{
incoming = ~draikes/testing/ubuntu
}}}

as described in https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA#Uploading

We should cope fine with source uploads with 'undefined distribution',
by defaulting to ubuntu.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/soyuz/+bug/357360

--
Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>