Re: https ? why?

Monty Taylor <monty@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Agree. But, as another for instance, having download tarballs only
> accessible via https makes it a bit harder for places where you're
> grabbing those via wget or the like (you have to pass the
> ignore-invald-cert option)

Yup (plus John Pyper's points in an earlier mail).

I can't promise that this will change anytime soon, since our releases
are planned out for a while in advance -- but it would help to have a
bug to track this issue at least.  Lukasz, would you be willing to file
a bug about this (I searched for one and couldn't find any), and make
sure the bug points back to this thread, which is

  https://lists.launchpad.net/launchpad-users/threads.html#04962

?

-Karl