Re: Specify version of package in launchpad

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:21:07 -0400
From: Iassen Hristov <ih.ad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Specify version of package in launchpad
To: launchpad-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I find it very odd that in Launchpad when you file a new bug you cannot
specify the version of Ubuntu that manifests the bug you are trying to
report. Should not this be a required field?

Hi Jassen,
            +1 on your request but I'm pretty sure there is a bug
marked for that as & is on the todo list. I think the issue is its not
just the version of ubuntu field be in when you file, but also when
you search which makes it slightly more complex. I would like to file
a bug about gutsy gibbon tribe 3 or whatever I have but I myself dunno
which version it is.

Question:-

I'm running gutsy gibbon 7.10 with all the updates (presumably now I
should be running tribe 3) can somebody tell a way I can know that?
The only clue I think which tells it apart is the newer restricted
modules which have been there in tribe 3.

shirish@Mugglewille:~$ dpkg -l linux-image-2.6.22-8-generic
||/ Name                   Version                Description
+++-======================-======================-============================================================
ii  linux-image-2.6.22-8-g 2.6.22-8.18            Linux kernel image
for version 2.6.22 on x86/x86_64
shirish@Mugglewille:~$ dpkg -l linux-restricted-modules-2.6.22-8-generic
||/ Name                   Version                Description
ii  linux-restricted-modul 2.6.22.2-8.4           Non-free Linux
2.6.22 modules on x86/x86_64
--
         Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17