Re: Help with branching libgksu

Jeremy Visser escribió:
> Hello.

Hi,

> libgksu appears to be listed here in Launchpad:
> 	https://launchpad.net/libgksu
>
> Now, I have been hacking on a patch by Paul Betts[1] which adds
> compositing support to gksu, and I want to create a bzr branch of the
> libgksu source code on Launchpad in which I will maintain the
> compositing code.
>
> gksu is actively developed. If you type:
>
> 	svn log svn://svn.debian.org/svn/gksu
>
> ...you will get a fair bunch of recent commits.
>
> However, the code on Launchpad:
>
> 	https://launchpad.net/libgksu/head
>
> references an old CVS repository that hasn't been updated in years. I
> find very LP very confusing. How do I get it to reflect the SVN
> repository at svn://svn.debian.org/svn/gksu so I can branch off it?

If you think that, at some point, you would get write access to gksu
repository, maybe you would be interested on use bzr-svn. That bazaar
plugin provides you the feature of branch directly from a subversion
repository but keep working with bazaar branches. Once your branch is
ready, you can do a direct commit from your Bazaar tree into Subversion
directly.

You can see more about it from https://launchpad.net/bzr-svn

Cheers.

> Thanks,