RE: Accessibility problem on Blueprint form

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 16:09 -0400, Fernando H. F. Botelho wrote:
> Hi Curtis,
>
> Jaws is not able to handle that.
>
> It is a very nice feature though. I wish I had it for selecting mailboxes
> and in a bunch of other places.
>
> I do not have an answer for you, but it would be a shame to take it out or
> to create  a separate form that is fully accessible.  Separate forms end up
> being forgotten when updates are made, etc. Separate is never equal.
>
> Can there be a conventional drop-down near the fancy one that defaults to
> "Project selection box for users with Javascript turned off".  That way most
> people use the nicer one and only a few use the simple one.
>
> I realize it is not terribly elegant.  The standard box could also have
> equal font and background colors, so that only those using screen readers
> see it.

The problem is not formatting. The problem is that Launchpad knows about
thousands of projects. Too many to show in a list and expect someone to
make sense of it.

I'm sure we can solve this form problem. Out curiosity, have you tried
Google Suggest? If not please try entering a term (such as
'accessibility'). As you press each key, Google
builds a list of matches. If JAWS reports the revised list to you as you
type, then we know this kind of interactivity is safe. This might be
doable in Launchpad.

Google Suggest:
http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en

--