Re: Encoding problem?

Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

Carlos, Danilo, this is what the msgset looks like:

That's quite odd -- given it's the english translation. But I'm wondering where
the problem is!

It looks to me like non-ASCII quote characters were inserted into the text as UTF-8, then incorrectly interpreted (probably while editing or importing the translation template) as iso 8859-15 and "converted" to UTF-8.

The problem happened before the characters went into the database, so it's not a browser problem while viewing the page. Some browsers may try to guess the right encoding for the page when they see weird data though, so you may not see the same characters on every browser.

Jeroen