Re: bug mail filtering with gmail

On 8/8/07, Freddy Martinez <freddymartinez9@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I like to use `[Bug * ` on my subject line and I send those bugs
> to a unique folder that isn't displayed in the inbox (iirc).  Does
> this help?
>
> --
> Best,
> Freddy Martinez

Matthew,
I felt really stupid when I realized that this mail would be filtered.

Freddy:
According to Gmail help center Gmail doesn't recognize most special
characters used in searches and filters. Unrecognized characters
include non-alphanumeric characters like square brackets, parentheses,
currency symbols, the ampersand, the pound sign, asterisks, etc.... so
we cant use [ ] or *...

So I don't know a better solution for this problem...

Felipe
--
Ubuntu Argentina - www.ubuntu-ar.org