Re-opening a bug

Hi all,
        I had to re-open a bug as somebody mentioned you could re-open
the bug if mroe information is given.  It's bug Bug 124536 just in
case somebody is interested. Now while re-opening the bug I was kinda
confused as to how should I reopen it. Just for reference this is a
standard message when somebody closes a bug which is incomplete.

We are closing this bug report as it lacks the information, described in
the previous comments, we need to investigate the problem further.
However, please reopen it if you can give us the missing information and
don't hesitate to submit bug reports in the future.

While its good it doesn't tell the user about how to re-open/mark it.
Should it be marked as new, confirmed, in progress or what?

Just to take the life-cycle of the bug I had put up, went through :-

1. Status :- New  Importance :-  Undecided
2. Status :-  Incomplete Importance :- Undecided
3. Status :- New Importance :- Medium
4. Status :-  Incomplete Imporance :- Low
5. Status :- Invalid  Importance :- Low
6. Status :-  New ? Importance :- Low

Now obviously the use-cases when the bug is either confirmed or
outright rejected (user-error) or something else altogether which
needs upstream support has to be opened elsewhere but in cases like
this, one is unsure what decision to take.

While I can't say confirmed or progress or any of the others , only
new is which is in the user's hand, the rest have to be confirmed by
other users or developers whoever can. Can there be a possibility to
put a Status 'Old' or some other way to know this is a re-opened bug &
differentiate it from 'New' Bugs.

Looking for comments, suggestion, flames to the above.

Cheers!
--
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17