Re: PPA feedback

Hi,

Pau Garcia i Quiles [2007-08-13 13:24 +0200]:
> > It is available. Just set the upload target right in debian/changelog:
> > "feisty", "edgy", and "dapper" work well for me for langpacks.
>
> I guess Jonathan was talking about using the same package name.

You mean "version"? Same package name is perfectly valid.

> The only way I have found to build the same package for several
> distributions is to give different names to each version's package
> (mypackage-1.2_feisty. Is there any other way?

No, there can't be. We cannot share version numbers for different
binary builds in PPAs for the same reason we cannot share them in the
main archive: in a /pool/-like structure (i. e. packages for all
releases in one common tree), there is no way to have two *different*
packages with the same name and version.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de