Re: Re-opening a bug

Hi Shirish

On Aug 9, 2007, at 7:38 AM, shirish wrote:
        I had to re-open a bug as somebody mentioned you could re-open
the bug if mroe information is given.  It's bug Bug 124536 just in
case somebody is interested. Now while re-opening the bug I was kinda
confused as to how should I reopen it.
Should it be marked as new, confirmed, in progress or what?
While I can't say confirmed or progress or any of the others , only
new is which is in the user's hand, the rest have to be confirmed by
other users or developers whoever can. Can there be a possibility to
put a Status 'Old' or some other way to know this is a re-opened bug &
differentiate it from 'New' Bugs.

In Launchpad's bugtracker, "New" doesn't really mean new. It means the bug report hasn't been confirmed.

So, it's fine to return the status to "New", if that's what it was before it was marked Incomplete.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/