Re: PPA documentation

On 8/14/07, Monty Taylor <monty@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The PPA docs themselves have been good for me... but there are some
> things that might be included or linked to as a lot of the people who
> might be using this are the people trying to break in to the world of
> being official packagers, so some of the packaging things, as it relates
> to uploads might be nice. Like:
>
> When does debuild decide that your package needs to include a source
> orig and when does it not? (I've had to force it with the -sa option a
> couple of times)
>
> How to "properly" do builds/uploads if you want the package built for
> edgy and feisty and gutsy.

Hi Monty,

The issues you pointed are, for sure, addressed in the ubuntu-packaging guide:

https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/ubuntu/packagingguide/C/index.html

But I agree we should have something simpler, a compiled documentation
for the users we intent to have in PPAs. We are organizing it.

> I'm sure both of those are in the overall docs somewhere... but I know
> it took me a long time to ferret them out.

Exactly.

Thanks
[]
--