Re: Translator credits

Hi Jannick, Daniel,

Today at 10:26, Jannick Kuhr wrote:

> But in Kubuntu there was just a ugly mess with some random names of upstream
> and Launchpad translators without any further comment, ordering, often
> without any mail adresses and some names two or three times in the list...

KDE style is much more limited.  We can only list comma-separated
names and email addresses.  If someone has opted to hide their email
address in Launchpad, we are not listing it (the email).

I'll have to improve duplicate name search (the tricky bit is that
there can be several people with same names, but different email
addresses, so I'll also look over all the confirmed email addresses to
do the matching).  This should also partly answer Daniel's email.

For any concrete broken cases, please open a bug and I'll have a look
at what we can do.  It's really hard to cover all the cases in front
in a problem like this, so the essential bit is—feedback.

> Will the final design be like the Ubuntu one or like the Kubuntu one?

If there's a way to make it nicer in KDE programs, I'd love to know
about it.

> Or will there be two different designs?

At the moment, we'll have to use different designs, since KDE-one is
mandated by KDE itself.

However, now it's pretty easy to change the "design", since all the
infrastructure is there.

Cheers,
Danilo