Re: Launchpad bug pages are about to change

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 08:41:22AM +0200, Christian Theune wrote:
> > Clicking on the project or package name will now take you to the Bugs
> > page for that project or package, instead of showing/hiding the bug
> > status controls for that project or package.
> >
> > If you want to test the new interface ahead of time, you can do this on
> > <https://bugs.staging.launchpad.net/>.
>
> Uuhh, what? I tried and and I don't see the point. My immediate feeling
> is that I'll be annoyed for some time and that users who don't use the
> interface regularly will be confused. Why do you change that?

Change any commonly-used UI and 50% of the users will hate it :-) I am
not sure what I think of this change yet; it's annoying that the link
has changed to do something unexpected and expensive, but maybe we'll
get used to it and like having quick access to project bugs (though for
the single-task case you could already get that by clicking on the Bugs
tab).

Tell us how you feel in two weeks time and we can plan on what we should
do from there.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125