Re:

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 05:53:35PM -0300, Rafael Proença wrote:
> Sometimes I think that some people are being subscribed in this list by
> someone else without being asked.

You know, I would think so too, but they need to actually confirm their
subscriptions -- so I doubt it's impersonation.

> Now and then comes someone here asking why are receiving messages from the
> list (like they were receiving spam from us). How can someone don't know why
> is receiving a email from a mailling list (which is supposed to be
> themselves whom registered)?

FWIW I go ahead and silently unsubscribe people that are obviously in
the wrong place. I apologize for this and agree with Matthew that fixing
the ShipIt login process is the right way to deal with this.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125