Re: Translations import queue

Hi Nathan,

Yesterday at 20:29, Nathan Samson wrote:

> I recently (22 august) imported a .pot file in a launchpad project of
> mine (pystrago)
> This file is now in the import queue with the status "needs review".
>
> Some questions popped into my head: who is reviewing it, when will it
> be reviewed, and so on.

We'll work on improving what you see after uploading a template:

  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/rosetta/+spec/what-next-after-importing-template

(you can track it's implementation using the blueprint above)

> Now when I look to all imports for .pot files for all projects that
> needs review their are 219 results, where the eldest is from may.

We lack the 'incomplete' status, which should mean: we reviewed the
upload, but before approving or rejecting, we need further information
from the uploader (there are some other reasons it might still be in
needs review, but this one is the most common):

  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/rosetta/+spec/import-queue-incomplete-status

> So my question is: will it take 4 months for my file to be reviewed?
> is their any way the process could be sped up?

At the moment, we aim for the 2-4 days of turn-around.  We are
sometimes faster, and sometimes slower than that.  But we try our
best.

Also, recently we rolled out per-project import queues, so you can
track your uploads using

  https://translations.launchpad.net/pystrago/+imports

Right now, your entry seems to have been approved and imported by now,
but you already know that since you also updated a translation there :)

Cheers,
Danilo