Re: how to set or change the "Affects" field for a bug

On 9/4/07, Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 05:36:45PM -0400, Todd Deshane wrote:
> > >
> > > You can change Affects in that same form. The fact that the affects link
> > > links to the product instead of expanding the row is a recent change; it
> > > may prove too controversial to stay.
> >
> > I still don't understand how to actually change/set it. Could someone
> > provide the what to click on trail?
>
> Let's use this single-task [*] bug on staging as an example:
>
>     https://bugs.staging.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15/+bug/37773
>
> If you want to change the existing task (which Affects
> linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15) you'd just click on the expander image
> [1] and then change the Package: entry in the appearing form to
> something else.

I feel stupid that I didn't see it before... I wonder though that if
the expander image was next to the package name for the "Affects"
field that it would be more intuitive for users (since it would be
consistent.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious for me though.

Todd