Re: Upstream access to Ubuntu package bugs

On Sep 10, 2007, at 9:34 PM, Bjorn Tillenius wrote:

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 08:03:10PM +1200, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
If anyone will be able to subscribe to a package, how would that be useful for granting permissions?
Maybe you misunderstood what I meant. I was saying that we should have
both package subscriptions and package bug contacts. Anyone should be
able to subsdribe to a package, and that doesn't give them any extra
permissions. As for becoming a package bug contact, only certain people
(like Ubuntu QA) should be able to make someone a bug contact, and being a bug contact means that you'll have permission to edit importance, and such. Being a bug contact shouldn't necessarily mean that you get bug notifications for that package.

Ah, that's excellent. Thank you for the clarification.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/