Re: PPA: missing dependency...

On 9/10/07, Kjeldgaard Morten <mok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A build on my PPA failed with the followning message:
>
> Missing dependencies: atlas3-base-dev
>
> ... however, atlas3-base is listed as one of the packages in gutsy
> universe, and I have no problems building the package in my gutsy
> pbuilder.
>
> Is this a limitation of the PPA, is it a bug, or am I making some
> trivial mistake?

The later, a source has to be published in component 'universe' if it
build-depends on other 'universe' binaries. This rule is called
"ogre-model".

To fix this problem you have to upload a new version of your source
with a modified debian/control containing "Section:
universe/<section>".

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/soyuz/+bug/137769 for further information.

Thanks
[]