Re: Malone UI changes

Hi,

Daniel Holbach [2007-09-11 13:35 +0200]:
> bughelper and python-launchpad-bugs are now part of Ubuntu's
> infrastructure. We use these tools to
>
>       * find certain classes of bugs
>       * modify masses of bugs at the same time
>       * file bugs
>       * integrate small tools with Launchpad

... and reprocess crash reports from users. If this goes wrong, we
usually lose a lot of valuable information, since it is (1) vitally
important that crash bugs are processed very fast (due to packages
getting obsolete very fast in development releases) and (2) we lose
all the bug tags once an attempt to reprocess those bugs fails, so we
manually need to find what got broken and reapply the tags.

> For python-launchpad-bugs to do its work, we parse Launchpad HTML. Even
> subtle changes break the code every now and then. We have to find them
> out manually.

XMLRPC for the win! :-) Seriously, this becomes more and more
important with the types of things we do with bugs nowadays.

> What can we do to stay in the loop and not have to do work manually?

I'd appreciate that, too. Anything from an informal IRC ping to a list
of "UI HTML changes" in the LP release notes would be highly welcome.

Thanks!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de