Re: translating gnome-user-docs

Hi,

On 12/09/2007, Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Matthew East wrote:
>
> > Working with upstream is not enough in this case - there are
> > *ubuntu-specific* changes which we are making to the documentation,
>
> Okay, yes. I'm fine with updating ubuntu-specific changes manually by
> sending updated PO files for eg. gnome2-user-guide via Launchpad. Rosetta
> is okay too - it is not necessary to use it to other stuff besides
> Ubuntu-specific changes if one does not want to.

I'm not sure how it's possible just to insert ubuntu-specific changes
in Launchpad: that would be quite difficult I think. Based on the
feedback so far, I propose to upload the whole pot templates for
gnome-user-docs/gnome2-accessibility-guide and
gnome-user-docs/gnome2-user-guide (which will include the Ubuntu
changes) together with the upstream translations which are already
present in the package, and then import any amended po files from
Rosetta. Hopefully bzr is clever enough to merge any additional
changes to po files in upstream svn too.

If translators wish to use Rosetta to translate upstream strings which
are untranslated in upstream, then it will be up to them to send those
changes upstream, I think.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org