Re: Malone UI changes

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 11:46:07AM +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> > This is a separate problem -- for this we need a modification API. We
> > did a sprint last month to plan the infrastructure to allow this, and it
> > is the next big project for Barry and Bjorn once their current plates
> > are clean. Part of the problem is authentication, then the rest is
> > standardizing the APIs and actually implementing them.
>
> What's going to be the interface to that? XMLRPC?

There will be a programmatic interface and a client library; we're not
sure what protocol it will use, but isn't that irrelevant?

> > Well, +bugs-text doesn't do paging (it isn't very useful right now, but
> > that's something else).
>
> We'd need that for tools like bugnumbers.

I don't understand. +bugs-text includes /all/ bug numbers, without
paging. Isn't that sufficient?

> > Well, I want the HTML-parsing to stop, and that's why I'm asking these
> > questions :-)
>
> I can see benefits of using the +text pages. Benefits for Launchpad and
> for python-launchpad-bugs. We could have a separate backend for that,
> but at the moment we would have to parse the HTML pages anyway, because
> things like paging, tags, comments, links to attachments, etc etc are
> missing.

File bugs on what's missing and we'll get them addressed by 1.1.11.

> Most of all modifications are not possible.

What do you mean?
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125