authenticating packages from PPA

This is probably a stupid question. I'd search the entire archive, but
there's no easy way to do that using mailman's very basic archive. I am
using someone else's PPA by adding a deb line to my sources.list. I was
able to install the packages just fine, but I can't find any way to add
the author's public GPG key to my apt so that it can authenticate them.
Are we supposed to just use them unauthenticated?
--
Jonathan Rogers <jonner@xxxxxxxxxx>