Re: That need to close bugs?

Reinhard Tartler wrote:
Sarah Hobbs <hobbsee@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

As one of those who triages various KDE bugs...in the area of KDEBase,
in particular, there are around 450 open bugs, we *have* to close
invalid bugs.  There are around 750, with the INVALID and WONTFIX bugs
included.

Please correct me, but I suspect that when you mean "we have to close
invalid bugs", I think you actually mean "we need to filter out those
incomplete bugs which we don't have the ressources for investiagting
further from 'our' 'default' bug listings". (YMMV of course what is
"your default" bug listing.

How would that be better from the user's perspective? If everyone who is working on the receiving end of bugs (triagers and developers) filter out these bugs they will just be silently ignored forever. I'm not sure that gives a better impression.

Instead of 'Ubuntu has 30.000 open bugs' we would have 'Ubuntu has 60.000 open bugs, many of which are being actively ignored'.

Henrik