Re: Initial Launchpad feedback

On 9/19/07, Anthony Yarusso <tonyyarusso@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Generally since joining the Testers team I've been fairly pleased.  I
> was able to upload a package to my PPA and successfully build it,
> which is pretty cool.  I very much like the PPA concept.  However, two
> possible improvements:

Hi Tony, thanks for taking time to give us feedback about PPAs.

> It would be nice if PPA supported more architectures (I understand
> this is a technical limitation for the time being)

Exactly, once Xen starts to support other architectures they will be
immediately added into PPA system.

> I _definitely_ think PPAs should support building for all currently
> supported releases.  I tried building my package for Dapper, Edgy, and
> Feisty, and was surprised to learn that only Edgy and Feisty would
> work (plus Gutsy).  It seems that it would only make sense for all
> current releases to be available here, particularly for making things
> available here that might be candidates for future backporting for
> testing/use.

Well, PPA *is* able to accept and build uploads for all supported
ubuntu releases.

How did you come to think it's not ? What problem do you have with
Dapper ? maybe you found a bug.

Would you have time to file a bug or simply discuss the on #launchpad ?

[snip]

Thanks

[]
--